Heavy

Sometimes I'm just too much...
The weight of my body is more than you can bear
Though the pieces individually might bring you joy
All together it can be too much to hold
You might not be that bold
That's when you give in  to the weight
And you say it's too heavy

Sometimes I'm just too much.
The heftiness of my questions overpowers your brain
And the confusion and wonder of the purpose is all that remains
Or you might not want to deal
Or try to justify my feelings no matter how real
You call me silly and illogical
That's when you dismiss my plea
And you say it's too heavy

Sometimes I'm just too much!
The magnitude of my love is too much to take in
It covers you in more ways than you were prepared for
And there is no way I could give you less
Even if I had to promise you I would never stress
Over the fact that you could never match its essence
You would still wish me farewell
And you'd say it's too heavy

Comments