My Dearest Heart

These are the last tears I will cry for you
This is the last sad song I will sing
I can't take anymore stabs from your knife
I am running out of blood

If you don't know what you are doing
you are more foolish than you let on
And if you do...
you are as coy as they come

Please cut deeper the next time
do it quickly and get right to the point
Make it clear that you mean to hurt me
The lying just will not do

What is the point of this game you play
Knowing I will always string along
Knowing my worse fear is to look foolish
why do you make it so easy to act this way

I don't want you anymore
Please leave me alone
My dearest you are no longer needed
Goodbye, my heart.

This is for your own good
I cut you out so you can't hurt me anymore
I thought that I could teach you how to love
But we both know that day may never come

These are the last tears I will cry for you
This is the last sad song
Don't come back looking for me
In my mind you have already gone

Comments