Psalm 23



Psalm 23
   The Lord is my Shepherd 

That's Relationship!
   I shall not want
That's Supply!
   He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
That's Rest!
   He leadeth me beside the still waters
That's Refreshment!
   He restoreth my soul
That's Healing!
   He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
That's Guidance!
   For His name sake
That's Purpose!
   Yea, though I walk through the valley of t he shadow of death
That's Testing!
   I will fear no evil
That's Protection!
   For Thou art with me
That's Faithfulness!

   Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me
That's Discipline!
   Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies
That's Hope!
   Thou annointest my head with oil
That's Consecration!
   My cup runneth over
That's Abundance!
   Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
That's Blessing
   And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
That's Security!
   Forever
That's Eternity!


So this is one of those verse that I feel many people know, regardless of their religious affiliations (or lack of affiliation). It has always been one of my favs. When I am feeling disconnected from my spiritual side, stressed out by the demands of this world, I remind myself of this psalm and try to let go and Let God.


That's hard for me, but I am making great strides. I know I cant do it all on my own. There are certain areas of my life where I have tried to fix it to disastrous results. I need to now learn that I cant fix everything, not everything is in my control, and sometimes the answer is "no" for a reason.

I have a very hard time with no when i really want something, especially if i think it will be of a benefit to me or the world. Or when someone else gets it and I don't think they will use it right. Call it haterade, i drink it sometimes. Thankful i have people in my life who are willing to smack the cup out of my hand and bring me to my senses. I don't need whatever it is, cause If I did I would have it.

I apply this to relationships too. If we are meant to be in each others lives we will be. We will make the effort and it won't feel contrived. If it feels forced or wanting, its because it's not right. I don't like feeling uncomfortable, and I also enjoy being in control, so i know when its time to say goodbye to a relationship. Some people are only in your life for a season. For a reason. And the same goes for me in their lives

So if on January 1st you feel like something is different, don't wonder for too long. It might have been the end of a season.. Or the beginning of a new one.

I think I'm on a roll... change is good

Comments