This isnt love

I wish you could see what you do to me
I wish you could feel what this pain does to my soul
Like sharp knives in the back, piecing and painful
My head so full it hurts, my heart aching to be released from its misery
I wish you could feel how it feels to love you

Love shouldnt hurt like this
It should be open and honest and true
It should be complete and shared
It should fulfill needs and satisfy wants
It should be real

I wish you could see the scars of my heart
I wish you could feel the strain its under
Like a burden that breaks the back of slaves
My heart endures the pain my head has decided to ignore
I wish you could feel how it feels to love you

Love shouldnt cause pain
It should be caring and thoughtful
It should be honesy and trusting
It should fill you with hope and desire
It should be true

But thats not how it feels to "love" you

Comments